Braces are a big part of life for many people your age. While braces may have had a bit of a bad reputation in the past, today’s braces make it easy to look good and feel good!
Larson Orthodontics is a leading practice offering braces for teens in Riverside, CA. We provide personalized care for teens dreaming about a beautiful smile. We’ll walk you through every step of the process, guiding you toward the perfect smile. We alleviate all fears associated with the process of getting braces, and our compassionate approach to treatment makes our patients feel like a part of the Larson Orthodontics family.
Life With Braces
Braces may seem daunting at first, but they are not meant to change your lifestyle dramatically! As still the most popular orthodontic treatment option, today’s braces are more sleek and comfortable than ever. However, in order to get the most out of treatment and take proper care of your braces and teeth, there are a few adjustments you’ll want to make.
- Take extra care when brushing and flossing
- Be sure to avoid sticky, tough, or hard foods that could stick in or damage your brackets
- If playing sports, be sure to wear a mouthguard
You should also prepare yourself for a day or two of soreness after getting the braces. However, it shouldn’t be severe and does not last long.
It’s important that you keep up with appointments at our offices with Dr. Larson throughout treatment. Most teens we treat wear braces for around one to two years, so these regular appointments help us keep an eye on your progress and ensure that you are on the right track.
How Do You Care For Your Braces?
The first step to caring for your braces is to protect the brackets and wires from damage. Pay attention to the type of foods you eat, as sticky, chewy, tough, and hard, crunchy foods can loosen or even break pieces of the appliance. It’s also important to protect your braces when engaging in physical activities by wearing a mouthguard specifically designed for those with braces. If you have any questions about what foods to avoid or the best mouthguard to use, just ask our team!
Secondly, you must spend more time brushing and flossing to remove food and plaque from the brackets and wires. This is important to avoid new or future dental problems such as cavities, tooth decay, or gum disease.
Finally, you should keep up with your regular appointments with your family dentist to ensure your teeth stay healthy and clean.
Types Of Braces For Teens
Braces today come in a variety of styles, materials, and colors, making life with braces much easier, more comfortable, and even more stylish than in the past.
Our practice offers a variety of braces, types, and styles, to choose from. Some common options include:
- Ceramic braces – These appliances feature multiple brackets and a thin metal wire holding them in place.
- Traditional metal braces – They work like traditional metal braces but are more discreet as they blend in with your natural smile.
Benefits Of Braces For Teens
Some of the benefits of braces for teens include:
- Correct crooked or overcrowded teeth – Crooked or overcrowded permanent teeth can make a smile less appealing.
- Simplify oral hygiene – It’s easier to brush and floss with straighter teeth.
- Improve oral health and capabilities – In children and adults, poor teeth alignment can cause discomfort while biting, speaking, and eating.
- Improve self-esteem – A beautiful smile can improve a teen’s confidence around their peers.
At Larson Orthodontics, we take a holistic approach to analyzing your orthodontic health. Dr. Larson and Dr. Taylor have years of experience working with teens and know how to make your experience fun and enjoyable!
Braces for teens in Riverside, CA, can help young adults achieve the smile of their dreams using comfortable and customizable orthodontic treatments. Our team is passionate about helping patients boost their confidence and achieve beautiful, bright smiles that they are happy to show off.