At Larson Orthodontics, we offer Invisalign for kids in Riverside, CA, as an alternative to braces. We know how important healthy, confident smiles are, especially for children. If you or your child have concerns about how braces will look or feel during the treatment period, ask us about Invisalign to see if this treatment option is right for your child.
Is Invisalign For Kids?
Invisalign is an excellent treatment option for patients of all ages. The primary concern when children use Invisalign is if they will follow the wear-time requirements. It’s important that if your child is a candidate for Invisalign, they should understand the importance of wearing their aligners as directed.
For the best results, your child must wear the Invisalign aligner for at least 20 hours daily. Invisalign First, the Invisalign system specifically designed for children, has indicators on the aligners that fade from blue to clear the longer they are worn. This helps you and your child know when it’s time to move into the next set of aligners.
Benefits Of Invisalign For Kids
Straight smiles aren’t the only benefit that Invisalign for kids in Riverside, CA, delivers. While using these patented clear aligners, you and your child will discover multiple benefits that include:
- No food or diet restrictions: Since your child can remove the Invisalign aligners for meals, there are no restrictions on what they can eat. Your child will still be able to enjoy chewy, crunchy, or tough-to-chew foods like candy, popcorn, uncooked veggies, and more.
- Improved comfort: Invisalign is a custom-designed aligner that doesn’t rely on bulky brackets and wires. The smooth design lessens irritation and improves overall treatment comfort.
- Easy to clean: Your child only needs to remove the Invisalign clear aligners for a quick cleaning process while they brush their teeth in the morning and evening. Gently cleaning the aligners and their teeth on a daily basis helps remove any residual food and prevents tooth decay.
- Durability: Invisalign aligners are made from single pieces of body-safe plastic to increase durability and prevent unwanted breakage. Your child can even use their aligner in the place of a traditional mouth guard for low-impact sports.
- Fewer visits and less travel time: Unlike traditional braces that require numerous in-person visits to your orthodontist for professional adjustments, you can save time in your busy schedule by simply switching to the next set of prescribed aligners at home.
How Should My Child Care For Their Invisalign Aligners?
Invisalign aligners are easy to care for and keep clean. If your child is an ideal candidate for Invisalign, they will need to follow the guidelines below:
Maintain Oral Hygiene
Your child should brush and floss daily to keep their teeth clean and healthy and prevent tooth decay from plaque buildup. In addition to continuing oral hygiene, your child can clean their aligners using a soft toothbrush and lukewarm water.
Remove The Aligners While Eating And Drinking
The aligners can pick up food residue and plaque from the teeth, especially after eating. Your child will need to remove the aligners to prevent the treatment system from accumulating food particles that may damage or negatively influence the effectiveness of the aligners.
Safely Store Aligners When Not Using Them
Invisalign for kids comes with a case for safely storing the aligners when your child isn’t wearing them. Your child should keep their aligners in the container when they eat, drink, or use a mouthguard for high-impact sports. It is essential to ensure that your child understands the importance of keeping track of their Invisalign aligners.
Invisalign for kids in Riverside, CA, is a beneficial orthodontic treatment for many children who want to improve their smiles. Larson Orthodontics is ready to walk you through the consultation process and help you determine the best orthodontic treatment method for your child’s oral health.